Friday 18 November 2022

Antigua 3 (Hotel Las Farolas)

Our Hotel, Las Farolas, doesn't look much from the outside.

But is quite incredible inside, here are a couple of images off the internet.

Breakfast was served in a semi-outside room and afterwards Ian and I spent a while wandering around the beautiful gardens.

The tropical planting was fabulous and there were all manner of little nooks and crannies to explore.

We bumped into two of the gardeners and I was able to express my delight in the garden and thank them for all their hard work.

Heliconia which we've seen many times.


But I don't think I've really noticed the seeds before.


Another wonderful Brugmansia (I wonder if they have other colours here?)





These two I don't know and can't identify from my plant app





The rooms were on two floors so I nipped upstairs to hopefully get a bird’s eye view of the gardens but the foliage was too dense.